Tornado Resistant Window
New York, New Jersey, Boston, Philadelphia
Pittsburgh Corning featured its LightWise Architectural High Performance Window at the 2012 SAME JETC trade show in St. Louis, MO.
This high performance window provides effective protection against air pressure and flying debris caused by tornado-force winds. This window has also been tested in accordance with FEMA 361 “Design and Construction Guidelines for Community Safe Rooms”. It provides the needed protection from the elements while letting people see what is happening outside the shelter. It allows for Daylighting to enter the space which is a benefit both when using the space as a shelter and also as a multipurpose area during other non-critical times.
Performance Features & Benefits
- Meets requirements for FEMA 361″Design and Construction Guidelines for Community Safe Rooms” and FEMA 320 “Taking Shelter From the Storm: Building a Safe Room For Your Home or Small Business”
- Effective protection against air pressure and flying debris caused by tornado-force winds
- Factory assembled window provides strength and durability of steel and laminated VISTABRIK® glass block
- Enhanced security with vision and light transmission
- Easy to install which means reduced on-site labor costs
- Protection from damaging UV rays
- Available in various sizes
The LightWise Architectural System is extraordinarily versatile and available in various sizes. Utilizing VISTABRIK® solid glass block with a steel frame and grid, this window requires minimal maintenance and is ideal for spaces where safety and security is critical. And this product is Made In America.
Can We Help
Call us if we can help. Eastern Glass Block has over 20 years of experience designing and installing Glass Block in residential and commercial buildings. We love to share our experience.